Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Secret haven for our little ones

For months now, I've been wanting to buy Kirsten an umbrella type or lightweight stroller. Kirsten is tamad to walk, and syempre what will you expect sa isang 2 years old. She always wanted to be carried, and the best but dead tiring part of it is, she wants me to carry her almost all the time. Lalo na pag nasa mall kami, she doesn't want her nanny or daddy to carry her. She'll say, "only mommy"! Minsan lang pag nauuto namin sya, pero seconds or minutes lang yon, and babalik sya sakin. Kirsten is heavy. Sabi nga nila, siksik liglig. She's not obese nor fat talaga, but she's H-E-A-V-Y! Kaya inggit na inggit ako pag fresh ang mga mommy sa mall pushing their baby's stroller, well masarap sa feeling pero physically exhausting. Kaya hindi rin ako nag aayos or pumoporma masyado pag nalabas dahil sayang lang. Marami ako nakikita sa mall, yung iba di ko gusto, yung nga type ko, ang mahal naman! Waley budget! Minsan nga gusto ko i-ask mga nakakasalubong ko where did they bought the stroller, hiya lang ako baka isagot sakin "who you?!" Or isipin may modus ako! Hehe! I'm not a fan of second hands talaga for kirsten, ewan ko. Feeling ko kasi it should be special and kala ko pag second hand luray luray na. Hindi pala! Basta makakita ka lang ng maayos.

So sa paghahanap ko, marami pala maayos na second hand na mura, bet ko yung mga strollers ng Maclaren, marami ako nakita, and considering my  budget,  the winner goes to.....tanaaan!!!


                                    




I found this while searching for a stroller in google. This is a Maclaren Volo stroller which costs 3,800 but I haggled for 3,500. The next day, I went kagad sa shop and I'm amazed na I didn't only found the stroller that I've been looking for. I found a place that I called secret haven for our little ones. Actually hindi ko alam kung secret paba or maybe ako nalang hindi pa nakaka discover! They sell second hand stuffs for babies and kids like slides, strollers, toys, seat booster, car seat, potty trainer, bath tub, crib, high chairs and a lot more! Some looks really new, some is in excellent condition, may iba na may minimal defect pero lahat ay useable. The place is just inside an old building in makati. It's not aircon kaya mainit talaga. They said that the owner is a foreigner. Yung namanahala dun is his secretary daw whom people call her "mommy". Mukang residential yung place, may mga helper sya, I'm not sure if relatives nya nga yun but lahat sila naka pambahay lang. Most of then wore sandos lang. The secretary just sends message to the owner if mag ha-haggle kayo, okay naman. Nakatawad kami kahit paano. Here's the place...








                                  














As you can see, lahat yan nakabalot. Nakakahiya kalkalin lahat and open to check what's inside lalo na yung small toys nasa isang malaking plastic bag. Pero okay lang daw basta wag mahiwa-hiwalay. I suggest, before you visit the store, try to check their items here in their facebook page  Japan Junk Shop Facebook Page

Before we went there, I told kirsten that we're going to buy toys kaya hindi nya nakalimutan, on our way, we asked her if she wants to go to jollibee, she said, "No, only toys". And nung nandun kami, she's busy magtingin tingin ng toys and she even removed her slippers, sat on the floor and play with toys. So, aside from the Stroller, she went home with this.







                                      




                                         

This costs 650, we haggled for 500. Di daw nagrereply yung boss nya which is true naman kasi I tried calling him, keeps on ringing lang. Busy daw kasi sa pier kasi may mga bago darating. So 600 lang namin nakuha. Pag bumalik daw ako sabihin ko daw ako yung bumili ng dollhouse maybe she can give us additional discount. :D


I want these also! :D








I'm happy I found this place and I will definitely go back there. I want to buy more! :D

Their address is:
Japan Junk Shop
2nd floor, 700 FCD bldg Pasong Tamo cor. Pililia st. Makati City
Contact Numbers: 09184361130/09223840859/8960176/8905500




2 comments:

  1. Wahh.. so inggit! I wanna go there and buy toys for my baby. Mas mura nga! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes sis! there's lots of toys. Sana nga noon ko pa nalaman to. :-) Thanks for dropping by! :-)

      Delete